Monday, September 22, 2008

Bees will sting, anywhere!!

Yesterday, A had a soccer game at Lake Reba at 1:30. This meant that in order to grab a bite to eat that we needed to leave church at 12:00, since our church services always tend to run till 12:15-12:30. We leave and on the way decided to stop at McDonald's for a bite to eat. We are sitting in the drive-thru and A decides that he would just like a blue powerade as opposed to food. He says he will wait and eat afterwards, I am fine with that. We arrive at the game and A plays the game and then at half time he takes big gulp of powerade. I look up to hear screaming and see A running across the field. He is screaming, "I GOT STUNG BY A BEE!!!" I am like okay, calm down. He is in a complete panic. I find out that he has been stung by a bee on the TONGUE, yes the tongue!!!! I check his tongue and yes there is the stinger sticking out of his tongue. Imagine a 7yr old in panic mode, a tongue that won't stop moving and me scraping and digging trying to get rid of the stinger. I got it and we give him a dose on Benadryl, because I am not for sure if he is allergic to them or not; he has never been stung by a bee before. After he is calm I ask how on earth did he get stung on the tongue. He says the bee was in his straw and he sucked it up in his mouth and that is when it stung him. A's tongue is swollen where the bee stung him at, but he is okay.
So this morning, we are ready to leave the house and he comes in my bathroom and says Mommy will you check my tongue. I am like sure, does it hurt? He says no, but I still see some black on it where I was stung at. Sure enough there is still a part of the stinger in his tongue. This time I used tweezers and pulled the rest of the stinger out. If I had only had the tweezers at the game it would of helped.
Moral of the story, don't drink from open cans or straws when it's hot and bees are everywhere!!!!

No comments: