Monday, July 30, 2007

#10 Do your own LibraryThing

In learning web 2.0 our next lesson was to explore LibraryThing. I actually started my personal account with this website about a month ago. I always start something new with the idea that I will try it for a month or so and then determine if I will like or use it and if not then I will delete the account. I had the same mindset with this account. I love to read so I do checkout a lot of books and I still buy books, especially books from my favorite authors. Previously I had an excel spreadsheet with all this information. But now I have all my books cataloged using LibraryThing. Its easier to add books or catalog books using LibraryThing as opposed to an excel spreadsheet where I have to enter all the info about the book and author. (OMG, I just said it was easier to have it cataloged - that is such a librarian thing to say!!!) (Someone please check my pulse and temp)
Anyways guess what? I really like LibraryThing. I am able to see what other readers have said about books that I am reading and I like how it suggests other titles that I should read according to the books I like. I would recommend to anybody who likes to read or buys a lot of books to try this great source.
View my library catalog. Feel free to leave comments on any the books that I have listed. I have placed tags on all the books I have read, any book without a tag is something that I would like to read in the near future. Enjoy :-)

No comments: