Tuesday, July 10, 2007

#4 Social Networking 101

I really enjoyed this weeks video called "Social Networking in Plain English." I thought that this video did a great job in portraying exactly how online social networking connects people but not really. I think back to when the web and everything online came about and how people panicked over the personal connections that were going to be lost. (Frankly some people may have been happy to of lost that connection ;-) haha)
Anyways, this is a way to gain that connection back and to feel that you are part of the life of a person. I enjoy seeing what other people are doing and the exciting things going on in their life without having to call them via phone (Soccer moms don't have time to talk on the phone, please!)
I love my facebook page alot more than my Myspace page. I think Myspace is too clunky, there are too many ads and really the privacy filters aren't that great. Facebook on the other hand is really easy to use and for some reason I feel safer using it; maybe its the ads and spam emails that I get from Myspace that has turned me off, i don't know.
I totally recommend Facebook over Myspace; it's a great way to be connected but not really.

No comments: