Monday, July 30, 2007

#9 Finding Feeds

For lesson #9 in our web 2.0 lessons here at EKU Libraries, we were to to add some RSS feeds to our feed reader account that we created in lesson #8.

In choosing which feeds I wanted in my reader account I made a list of some of the websites that I visit on a regular basis. I also used Google to search for some blogs that I think are interesting as a parent. Here are some of the feeds that I enjoy:
News source - Richmond Register
Hollywood Info - People and Go Fug Yourself (Both of these sites are great to read for celebrity dirt)
Blogs - Mom's Daily Dose and Dot Moms (I chose these two blogs over some of the other "mom blogs" because they didn't seem to discuss parenting issues like potty training and other topics that target smaller children. My kids are out of that stage (Hallelujah!!) and I need blog entries that are more for school age kids.

I did try using some of the recommend sites for searching for news feeds and blogs but I thought it was more difficult than using Google. I have mentioned in previous blog entries that I am a Google girl, so if I can find something using Google then I will.

No comments: