Friday, November 30, 2007

#16 - Intro to Web-Based Applications

Web-based applications, so many to choose from!!!! The first part of this weeks lesson was to visit a blog at UCD Library 2 go and read some of the posts that the have published. I looked over this blog and thought that is was very interesting. About 4 years ago here in the reference department created a blog for our team members of our frequently answered questions. This was a nice tool for us to go to when we needed an answer fast, however the enthusiasm of this died fast.
The UCD Library created this blog for their students though, which makes this more exciting. I am not for sure how much the UCD students use it and I don't know that EKU students would use it but it's a nice concept.
One blogpost I found interesting was the one on Snippy. Snippy is apparently a way to cut and paste is any shape possible not just highlighting a section of a document and pasting it. I thought this might be a cool application to use when I am typing out captions for my scrapbook. I have not tried this application yet, but I have definitely added it to my list of things to do. (Like I have time for anything else) :-)

No comments: