Tuesday, November 27, 2007

#14 - Gettin' wiki with it!

This weeks lesson is discovering the Wiki. To find out more information about Wiki's click here.
Basically a Wiki is a place where a group of people can type information about a topic that allows each person to edit each others information or just add new information. (hope that makes sense)
I think that using a Wiki can be very beneficial in many settings such as between friend, family and totally in the workplace.
I looked at some library wiki's and like being able to see suggestions and things going on at other libraries. I liked the idea of publishing a thought or idea on a topic in a wiki and then getting other peoples feedback by having them edit, change or add to my thoughts. Wiki's can be very useful and I am looking forward to using this application in my field of interest in the future.

No comments: